from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pl. musculi (-lī). In anatomy, a muscle.
- n. [capitalized] In zoology:
- n. A genus of mice, of which Mus musculus is the type: same as Mus.
- n. A term in use among the conchologists of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries for various bivalve shells, as Panopæa, Unionidæ, Cyrenidæ. Mytilidæ, etc.
- n. A genus of brachiopods of the family Terebratulidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the contractile organs of the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.