from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fungal infection in or on a part of the body.
- n. A disease caused by a fungus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An infection caused by a fungus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The presence of fungi as parasites in or on any portion of the body.
- n. The presence of parasitic fungi together with the morbid effects of their presence; the disease caused by them.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inflammatory condition caused by a fungus
myco- + -osis (Wiktionary)