from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Infestation of tissue by fly larvae.
- n. A disease resulting from infestation of tissue by fly larvae.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The infestation of a living vertebrate by maggots.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The infestation of human beings by dipterous and other insect larva).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. infestation of the body by the larvae of flies (usually through a wound or other opening) or any disease resulting from such infestation
Greek muia, mūa, fly + -iasis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek μυῖα (muia, "fly"). (Wiktionary)