from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sturdy yellow or buff cotton cloth.
- n. Trousers made of this cloth.
- n. A Chinese porcelain with a blue-and-white pattern.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a type of cotton cloth originally from Nanking in China.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A species of cloth, of a firm texture, originally brought from China, made of a species of cotton (Gossypium religiosum) that is naturally of a brownish yellow color quite indestructible and permanent.
- n. An imitation of this cloth by artificial coloring.
- n. Trousers made of nankeen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sort of cotton cloth, usually of a yellow color, made at Nanking in China.
- n. plural Trousers or breeches made of this material.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a durable fabric formerly loomed by hand in China from natural cotton having a yellowish color
After Nanjing .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)