from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A disorder characterized by sudden and uncontrollable, though often brief, attacks of deep sleep, sometimes accompanied by paralysis and hallucinations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A disorder characterized by sudden and uncontrollable attacks of deep sleep, often brief, sometimes accompanied by paralysis and hallucinations
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A condition characterized by a tendency to fall into a short sleep on all occasions.
- n. Petit mal, when presenting a simple brief loss of consciousness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sleep disorder characterized by sudden and uncontrollable episodes of deep sleep
narco- + -lepsy (Wiktionary)