from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Addiction to narcotics such as opium, heroin, or morphine.
- n. Narcosis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A narcotic effect; the tendency to cause narcosis.
- n. Addiction to a narcotic drug.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Narcosis; the state of being narcotized.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The influence exerted by narcotics, or the effects produced by their use.
French narcotisme, from narcotique, narcotic; see narcotic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)