from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The art or process of needlework.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The art or process of working with a needle esp. in embroidery or needlepoint.
- n. The product of such art or process.
- n. The occupation or employment of a person skilled in embroidery, needlepoint, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An article or articles created or assembled by needle and thread; needlework.
- n. The art, process, or occupation of creating objects with needles, such as in crocheting, embroidery, quilting, or tapestry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a creation created or assembled by needle and thread
- n. work (such as sewing or embroidery) that is done with a needle
Sorry, no etymologies found.