from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several velvety, usually brightly colored worms of the phylum Nemertina (or Nemertea) that have a flat, unsegmented body with an extensible proboscis and live in the sea or in the mud of the intertidal zone. Also called ribbon worm.
- adj. Of or belonging to the phylum Nemertina (or Nemertea).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several unsegmented, brightly-coloured worms, of the phylum Nemertea; the ribbon worms
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Nemertina.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the Nemertea, or having their characters.
- n. A worm of the class Nemertea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. soft unsegmented marine worms that have a threadlike proboscis and the ability to stretch and contract
From New Latin Nēmertēs, type genus, from Greek, name of a Nereid.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)