from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A real or virtual device, modeled after the human brain, in which several interconnected elements process information simultaneously, adapting and learning from past patterns.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A real or virtual computer system designed to emulate the brain in its ability to "learn" to assess imprecise data.
- n. Any network of neurons etc that function together to achieve a common purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. computer architecture in which processors are connected in a manner suggestive of connections between neurons; can learn by trial and error
- n. any network of neurons or nuclei that function together to perform some function in the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.