from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A person in authority, especially one who is self-important. Used with his or her: His nibs says we must do it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of nib.
- n. An important or self-important person.
- n. Self.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. See his nibs under nib, n.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A nonsensical title: used in the phrase “his royal nibs.”
- n. A nonsensical title: used in the phrase ‘his royal nibs.’
Perhaps alteration of nob2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
See nib (Wiktionary)
This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology. (Wiktionary)