from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See punkie.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Leptoconops torrens, a small biting fly.
- n. Any Ceratopogonidae, or biting midge, a family of small flies (1–4 mm long) in the order Diptera.
- n. Any biting bug or insect that is normally too small to see unaided.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any of several minute two-winged biting insects of the family Ceratopogonidae that suck the blood of mammals and birds and other insects; also called biting midge and punkie.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. minute two-winged insect that sucks the blood of mammals and birds and other insects
Alteration of no see them.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)