from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that is expected but does not appear, especially:
- n. A person who reserves a place, as on an airplane, but neither uses nor cancels the reservation.
- n. A person who buys a ticket for an event but does not attend.
- n. A person who unexplainedly fails to keep an appointment.
- adj. Requiring little or no actual attendance or work: a no-show political patronage job.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An absence; somebody who doesn't show up or a failure to make a schedule appearance, especially at one's place of employment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. someone who shirks a duty.
- n. A person who is expected to attend a gathering but does not come.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a guest who fails to notify a hotel or restaurant when canceling a reservation
- n. someone who shirks duty
Sorry, no etymologies found.