Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A graphic table for computation.
- n. A written rule or law.
- n. mathematics A diagram in which the relationship between three variables is represented by a straight line or curve for each variable; the value of the third variable corresponding to particular values of the first two is obtained by drawing a straight line through the points on the first two curves that represent particular values of the first two variables and noting the point at which the line intersects the third line or curve.
- n. a graphic representation of numerical relations
- Formed as nom- + -o- + -gram, by analogy with French nomogramme. (Wiktionary)
“Using the model, they plotted a mathematical graph, called a nomogram, which shows the relationship between women's age, the numbers of eggs retrieved and the predicted live birth rate.”
“(The tool is a kind of nomogram -- a decision-making tool that combines individual information with best thinking from scientific research to create a personalized recommendation.”
“- Fixing the cutting values (speed of rotation, feeding speed) according to the indications given on the nomogram or in a table for the appropriate milling machine.”
“Reading for rotational speed (n) = 90 r.p.m. The rotational speed read from the nomogram is to be set at the milling machine (see Fig. 8 in section 2, 19 - speed selector lever).”
“They can also be read from the nomogram of the milling machine.”
“The nomogram in Fig. 7.9 gives a random relation between biogas production and mechanical/electric power obtainable for diesel gas and Otto gas engines.”
“As some simplifying assumptions had to be made, the nomogram is to be seen as a planning instrument rather than for the final calculations in designing the system.”
“When filling into cardboard cartons the nomogram in Figure 4-1 is useful for determining the size of carton that is required.”
“Before using the nomogram, it is necessary to know the bulk density of the product (volume occupied by a known weight; usually 100 g).”
“Coomarasamy said doctors and patients could now use the nomogram, combined with other measures, called anti-mullerian hormone (AMH) and antral follicle count (AFC) tests, when making decisions about how much ovarian stimulation is needed to get the optimum number of eggs.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘nomogram’.
Looking for tweets for nomogram.