Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of non prosequitur: sometimes used as a verb: to fail to prosecute; let drop: said of a suit.
- v. To decline or fail to prosecute; to allow (a lawsuit) to be dropped.
- v. To enter judgement against (a plaintiff who fails to prosecute).
GNU Webster's 1913
- An abbreviation of non prosequitur.
- v. To decline or fail to prosecute; to allow to be dropped (said of a suit); to enter judgment against (a plaintiff who fails to prosecute).
- n. a judgment entered in favor of the defendant when the plaintiff has not continued his action (e.g., has not appeared in court)
- Latin (Wiktionary)
“It's certainly doable by non-pros, and many do, but I do think that level of training starts getting beyond the casual gundog level.”
“It's a bit overwhelming for non-pros, so we bolt to the Croisette for steak frites.”
“There's also a strange notion that "Pros" are somehow in a different place than "non-pros".”
“Most pros dismounted four times a lap (many non-pros dismounted much more) and few finished looking eager for more.”
“Since the film features a cast of mostly non-pros and Hammer developed the film via improv, we may finally be looking at the American answer to Mike Leigh.”
“Non-disclosure agreements," Matt explains for all you non-pros out there.”
“Sin NombreThe impressive debut of 31-year-old American writer-director Cary Joji Fukunaga, the Spanish-language Sin Nombre, filmed in Mexico with a cast of non-pros, follows a young gang member who tries to flee La Mara after the murder of his girlfriend, joining a Honduran family making its way north toward the U.S. atop the trains that carry illegal immigrants willing to risk their lives to cross the border.”
“Instead, we've got Los Bastardos, a spare and brutal survey of the suburban wasteland that finds two illegal immigrants (non-pros Jesus Moises Rodriguez and Ruben Sosa) staging a home invasion and finding that their hostage (Nina Zavarin) is too benumbed to care.”
“Taller headtubes have more to do with cracking CF steerers from the 99.9999999% non-pros running too many spacers rather than a non-horizontal stem, which offends "roadies" everywhere.”
“It emphasizes geographic, if not economic, mobility and it mixes fiction and nonfiction (using non-pros and real locations, including a porn studio and a geriatric ward, in a fictional scenario) ....”
‘non-pros’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for non-pros.