from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing a polynomial that has 9 as the highest exponent of its terms.
- adj. Describing a curve the equation of which is nonic.
- adj. Describing a type of beer glass used in British public houses; in the form of a truncated cone with a bulge around outside, just below the rim.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In mathematics, of the ninth degree or order.
- n. An algebraic function or form of the ninth degree; a quantic of the ninth degree.
Sorry, no etymologies found.