from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A frenzy supposed by ancient peoples to have been induced by nymphs.
- n. An emotional frenzy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A frenzied state of (usually erotic) emotion, especially concerning something or someone unattainable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A species of demoniac enthusiasm or possession coming upon one who had accidentally looked upon a nymph; ecstasy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ecstasy; a divine frenzy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a frenzy of emotion; as for something unattainable
From nympholept.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
nympho- + -lepsy (Wiktionary)