Did you mayhaps mean on?
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A necromancer; a sorcerer.
- n. An abbreviation of objection, used in connection with sol, abbreviation of solution, in the margins of old books of divinity. Hence obs and sols, objections and solutions. See ob-and-soler.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin obiit, he (or she) died: used in dates.
- n. A prefix in words of Latin origin, meaning ‘toward,’ ‘to,’ ‘against,’ etc., or ‘before,’ ‘near,’ ‘along by,’ but often merely intensive, and not definitely translatable. Its force is not felt in English, and it is not used in the formation of new words, except in a series of geometrical terms, applied to shape, especially in natural history, such terms being based upon oblate or oblong, and the prefix meaning ‘reversed’: as, obclavate, obcompressed, obconic, obcordate, oblanceolate, obimbricate, oboval, obovate, obovoid, obrotund, etc.
- An abbreviation
- of the Latin obiter, incidentally, by the way;
- of oboe.
- n. a major river of western Siberia; flows generally northward and westward to the Gulf of Ob and the Kara Sea
- n. the branch of medicine dealing with childbirth and care of the mother
- Abbreviations. (Wiktionary)
“So did the main ob/gyn professor at my med school.”
“September 20th, 2009 10: 19 am ET you lie again ob katiec”
“If ob is the nominee ..... who will he run to for "spiritual" guidance after McCain slaughters him in the general? bet those ties aren't severed after all.”
“In the name ob luv, befores you breaks muh heart …”
“I called ob at work. i thought i would say something nice before the weekend. i had this "brilliant" idea last night before i went to bed ... that she will always be in my heart and soul, like my brother.”
“I called my ob/gyn and am going to have my yearly and also discuss a hysterectomy.”
“Miss Hagar's pocket-hankercher and he guv me a bag made outen de skin ob a rattlesnake, an 'he put in it a rabbit's foot an' er sarpint's toof, an 'er squorerpin's tail wid a leetle dust outen de graveyard an' he sewed up de bag.”
“I reckin," he said, "dat de min'ster might offer a word ob prar an 'comfort fore he go.”
“But, Geo'giana," he added impressively, "you mus 'promise me on your word ob honour, w'ich Geo'ge Foster says English gen'lemans _neber_ break -- an' I s'pose he's right.”
“Well, as I was 'bout to say, you mus 'promise me on your word ob honour, dat you'll neber go _alone_ to see your fadder, but allers in company wid Sally; dat you neber, neber speak to him, an' dat you neber make you'self know'd to him till de right time comes.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ob’.
dis iz y u cant spel
Typical words from Beatles song titles. Can you recreate the titles?
(Grammatical words have been omitted)
Wonderworkers and spellcasters, names and types. Not including any of those -mancer words.
Latin words from the ordinary of the Mass that do not have obvious English cognates. For a complete list of words used in the Traditional Latin Mass (the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite), see ...
Yet another favorites list.
For other German words see “More German words”.
For translations, see dict.cc.
Seventy two-letter words that are not in The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary, 4th edition (compared to 101 that are in OSPD4, as listed by robotjohnny.) Most are found as headwords in larger d...
Looking for tweets for ob.