from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Now and then; from time to time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. From time to time; now and then; once in a while; irregularly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an occasional manner; on occasion; at times, as convenience requires or opportunity offers; not regularly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- From time to time, as occasion demands or opportunity offers; at irregular intervals; on occasion.
- Sometimes; at times.
- Casually; accidentally; at random; on some special occasion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. now and then or here and there
occasional + -ly (Wiktionary)