from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An instrument for direct measurement in ohms of the resistance of a conductor in ohms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A portable device for measuring relatively small values of electrical resistance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for indicating directly the electrical resistance of a circuit in ohms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In electricity, an instrument by which the resistance of a conductor may be directly measured in ohms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a meter for measuring electrical resistance in ohms
Sorry, no etymologies found.