from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The characteristic grunting noise of a hog.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. Representing the sound made by a pig.
- interj. Drawing attention to male chauvinism (from the term male chauvinist pig).
- n. The sound made by a pig, or an imitation thereof.
- v. Of a pig or in imitation thereof, to make its characteristic sound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. utter a high-pitched cry, characteristic of pigs
- n. the short low gruff noise of the kind made by hogs
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Imitative of the sound. (Wiktionary)