from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An evergreen tree (Cassine laneana) native to Bermuda, having oblanceolate leaves, unisexual flowers, and creamy-white fruit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The wood of the olive tree
- n. Any of several ornamental trees of the genus Cassine
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The wood of the olive.
- n. An Australian name given to the hard white wood of certain trees of the genus Elæodendron, and also to the trees themselves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The wood of the common olive.
- n. The name of two trees, Elæodendron orientale of Mauritius and Madagascar, and E. australe of Australia.
Sorry, no etymologies found.