from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thin, strong, translucent paper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A thin, strong, light, translucent paper; used especially for making carbon copies
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of thin but strong translucent paper with a glossy finish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of paper: so called from its thinness, translucency, and finish, in which respects it resembles the skin of an onion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a thin strong lightweight translucent paper used especially for making carbon copies
Sorry, no etymologies found.