from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Sports In such a position as to be able to play or receive a ball or puck legally.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not in an offside position.
- adj. Favourably located, from the point of view of the player taking a finesse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not offside; being within the prescribed area of play.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Middle English forms of aside.
- n. In cricket, that part of the field of play to the left of the wicket-keeper and to the left of an imaginary line drawn between the wickets and extended in either direction to the boundary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not offside; being within the prescribed area of play
Sorry, no etymologies found.