from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Designating or being a reverberatory furnace used in the production of high-quality steel.
- adj. Of or relating to the steel produced in such a furnace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing a reverberatory furnace used to make high-quality steel
- adj. Designating the steel so produced
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a hearth which is shallow or open to inspection and to access of the workmen: said of steel-furnaces for the Siemens-Martin process.
- Made in an open-hearth furnace: said of steel. See steel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or produced by the open-hearth process
Sorry, no etymologies found.