from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or caused by standing upright: orthostatic hypotension.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to upright posture.
- adj. Of, or relating to an orthostat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to an upright position.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to an upright standing posture
ortho- + Greek statos, standing; see static + -ic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
ortho- + static (Wiktionary)