from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to grow or form along a vertical axis.
- adj. Of or relating to a bridge deck consisting of steel plates supported by ribs underneath.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. growing vertically, either upwards or downwards
- adj. adjective for orthotropics, e.g., "An orthotropic appliance is one used in orthotropic (facial growth guidance) treatment."
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the longer axis vertical; -- said of erect stems.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, of or pertaining to or exhibiting orthotropism; growing vertically.
ortho- + -tropic (Wiktionary)