from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of dissolution and resorption of bony tissue.
- n. Surgical fracture of a bone, performed to correct a deformity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The surgical fracture of a bone in order to correct a deformity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The operation of breaking a bone in order to correct deformity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The dissolution or resorption of osseous tissue; the destruction of bone.
- n. In surgery, the fracturing, especially the refracturing, of a bone to remedy deformity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. treatment of a skeletal deformity by intentionally fracturing a bone
osteo- + Greek klasis, breakage (from klān, to break).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)