from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Surgical division or sectioning of bone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The surgical procedure of cutting a bone. This is often performed to either lengthen, shorten, or straighten a bone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The dissection or anatomy of bones; osteology.
- n. The operation of dividing a bone or of cutting a piece out of it, -- done to remedy deformity, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In surgery, the division of or incision into a bone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. surgical sectioning of bone
osteo- + -tomy (Wiktionary)