from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An article of footwear worn over a shoe as protection from water, snow, or cold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a waterproof shoe worn over an ordinary shoe during wet weather
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A shoe that is worn over another for protection from wet or for extra warmth; esp., an India-rubber shoe; a galosh.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shoe worn over another; specifically, an outer water-proof shoe; also, an outside shoe lined with fur or other warm material, worn in winter for the sake of warmth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. footwear that protects your shoes from water or snow or cold
Sorry, no etymologies found.