from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A box or case for a hat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of luggage for a hat; a case or box for a hat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A box for a hat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A box in which a hat is kept or carried, often of stout leather and approximately of the shape of the hat.
- n. A small light trunk, nearly cubical in shape, containing a tray or compartment for a hat or bonnet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a round piece of luggage for carrying hats
hat + box (Wiktionary)