from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To remain alive through the winter: sheep that overwintered on the steppe.
- intransitive v. To pass or spend the winter: We usually overwinter in the Bahamas.
- adj. Occurring during the period of winter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To keep or preserve for the winter.
- v. To spend the winter (in a particular place).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. spend the winter
Old English (Wiktionary)