from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any word or phrase frequently repeated.
- n. The burden or chorus of a song.
- v. To say in too many words; to express verbosely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To say in too many words; to express verbosely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The leading idea or a repeated phrase, as of a song or ballad; the refrain; burden.
- To express in too many words: sometimes used reflexively.
From over- + word. (Wiktionary)