from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Formerly, the smuggling of sheep or wool out of England
- n. Birding specifically for owls.
- n. A small, juvenile, or baby owl; owlet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The offense of transporting wool or sheep out of England contrary to the statute formerly existing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The offense of carrying wool or sheep out of the country, formerly punished by fine or banishment.
From owl + -ing. (Wiktionary)
From owl + -ling. (Wiktionary)