American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A place where oysters breed or are raised.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An oyster-bank; a place where oysters breed or are bred; a place prepared and sown or planted with spat. In the northern United States, oyster-beds are also called
oyster-banks; in the southern United States, oyster-bars and oyster-rocks; in the Gulf States, oyster-reefs.
- n. A bed, layer, or stratum containing fossil oysters.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a breeding place for oysters; a place in a tidal river or other water on or near the seashore, where oysters are deposited to grow and fatten for market. See 1st Scalp, n.
- n. a workplace where oysters are bred and grown
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘oyster bed’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for oyster bed.