from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To number the pages of; page.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To number the pages of a book or other document; to foliate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To number the pages of (a book or manuscript).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To number or mark with consecutive numbers, as the pages of a manuscript, etc., in order to facilitate reference.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. number the pages of a book or manuscript
From Latin pāgina, page; see page1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)