from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The transfer of pages of data between a computer's main memory and an auxiliary memory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A transfer of pages between main memory and an auxiliary store, such as hard disk drive.
- v. Present participle of page.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The marking or numbering of the pages of a book.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Order of the pages of a book or writing, or the marks by which this order is indicated; pagination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. calling out the name of a person (especially by a loudspeaker system)
- n. the system of numbering pages
Sorry, no etymologies found.