from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To pronounce as or alter to a palatal sound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To pronounce a sound with the tongue against the palate of the mouth when that sound normally would not be so pronounced.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To modify, as the tones of the voice, by means of the palate
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make palatal; change from a guttural to a palatal pronunciation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. pronounce a consonant with the tongue against the palate
Sorry, no etymologies found.