from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To examine or explore by touching (an organ or area of the body), usually as a diagnostic aid. See Synonyms at touch.
- adj. Having a palp or palps.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to examine, or otherwise explore, (usually an area or organ of the human body) by feeling it
- adj. of palp, or having palp
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To examine for medical purposes by touching, as of body parts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To feel or feel for, as if with a palp; explore by touch, as with the fingers; perform palpation upon; manipulate.
- Provided with palps.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. examine (a body part) by palpation
Latin palpāre, palpāt-, to touch gently.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin palpātus, perfect passive participle of palpō ("touch softly"). (Wiktionary)