from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A colorless liquid polymer, C6H12O3, of acetaldehyde, used as a solvent and a sedative.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cyclic trimer of acetaldehyde once used as an antidepressant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A trimer of acetaldehyde (C6H12O3), prepared by polymerization of acetaldehyde with hydrochloric and sulfuric acids. It has sedative and hypnotic properties.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A colorless liquid with a disagreeable odor and taste, C6H12O3, obtained by treating aldehyde with sulphuric or hydrochloric acid. It is used in medicine as a hypnotic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a colorless liquid (a cyclic trimer of acetaldehyde) that is used as a sedative and a solvent
Sorry, no etymologies found.