from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A distortion of memory in which fantasy and objective experience are confused.
- n. An inability to recall the meanings of common words.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inability to distinguish between real memories and dreams or fantasies
- n. An inability to remember the meaning of common words
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One's believing that he remembers things when he has never experienced them; false memory.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (psychiatry) a disorder of memory in which dreams or fantasies are confused with reality
Sorry, no etymologies found.