from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A wall of a body part, organ, or cavity.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun i. In anatomy and zoology:
- noun A wall or inclosure; an envelop or investment; a body-wall; any part which inclosesor bounds a cavity: generally in the plural: as,the thoracic or abdominal parietes (that is,the walls of the chest or belly.
- noun In Cirripedia, the free middle part of the shell, as distinguished from the lateral wings.
- noun One of the perpendicular partitions separating the cells of a honeycomb or a wasps’ nest.
- noun In botany, the side or wall of an ovary or capsule.
- noun The central thickened portion of a valve of the acorn-barnacle (Balanus). The anterior overlapping edge of the valve is the ‘radius,’ the posterior underthrust edge the ‘ala.’
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Zoöl.) The triangular middle part of each segment of the shell of a barnacle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
wallof any cavityin the body.
- noun zoology The triangular middle part of each segment of the shell of a barnacle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (anatomy) a layer (a lining or membrane) that encloses a structure
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word paries.
Atque his conatibus minus fuccedentibus, gens noftra nauibus abundans otij impatiens, in alias paries fuas nauigationes inftituerunt.
If you thought the tea paries were something, wait and see.
I can recall some dreadful cases where children are the guilty paries.
John Terry’s sacking as England captain tells us something interesting...
Having third paries put on the truth on McCain and Republcans can only help the Democrats in the fall -- especially since the Obama campaign disdains to do this.
If Senator Bob Casey had any balls, he would switch paries to the Republicans.
Guess I'll look elsewhere. jason B saw this a week ago: it is absolutely heartbreakingly brilliant. all paries involved deserve awards noms.
I am registered Independent, I agree and disagree with both paries on a number of party platform stances.
McCain Adviser: What Does "Deal With" Hamas Really Mean, Anyway?
I also think the paries are blurring badly now and, that as sound minded people.
Give me a break, what they are not willing to talk about is their own paries morals, because that would be hypacriticle.spell check please lol
Right now, it is fairly easy — courts can get away with conveniently assuming that both paries to marriage are the real parents of a kid.
The Volokh Conspiracy » Maryland high court rejects gay marriage claim:
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.