from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Pinnately compound with two terminal leaflets: paripinnate leaves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. pinnate with a pair of leaflets at the apex
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pinnate with an equal number of leaflets on each side; having no odd leaflet at the end.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, equally pinnate; abruptly pinnate. See cut f under leaf. Compare imparipinnate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a leaf shape) pinnate with a pair of leaflets at the apex
Latin pār, par-, equal, a pair + pinnate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)