American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An unaccompanied secular, usually homophonic choral composition, especially of the 19th century.
- n. An unaccompanied secular polyphonic song predating the madrigal.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music, a vocal composition for two or more independent voices or parts; loosely, a glee or madrigal, and sometimes a round or catch. Part-songs are usually meant to be sung without accompaniment.
- n. music A form of unaccompanied, often homophonic, vocal composition usually for a few voices or a small choir
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a song in two or more (commonly four) distinct vocal parts.
- n. A song with two or more voice parts.
- n. a song with two or more voice parts
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for part song.