from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several long-tailed terrestrial monkeys of the genus Erythrocebus of western Africa that are closely related to the guenons, especially E. patas, which has reddish fur and a black nose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Erythrocebus patas, a ground-dwelling long-tailed monkey found in West and East Africa
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A West African long-tailed monkey (Cercopithecus ruber); the red monkey.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The red monkey of western Africa, Cercopithecus patas or C. ruber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. reddish long-tailed monkey of west Africa
French, from Wolof pata.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)