from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or being a group of primates including the Old World monkeys, apes, and humans, characterized by nostrils that are close together and directed frontward or downward.
- n. A catarrhine primate, such as a gorilla.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing the Catarrhini parvorder of primates (including humans) that have nostrils that are close together and directed frontward or downward
- n. Any animal of this group
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the Catarrhina, a division of Quadrumana, including the Old World monkeys and apes which have the nostrils close together and turned downward. See monkey.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the monkeys classed as Catarrhina.
- n. A monkey of the section Catarrhina.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or related to Old World monkeys that have nostrils together and opening downward
- n. of Africa or Arabia or Asia; having nonprehensile tails and nostrils close together
Sorry, no etymologies found.