from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who makes patterns, as for sewing, carpentry, or industrial machinery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone whose occupation is to make patterns, especially those used as a guide in the manufacture of something else
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Someone who makes patterns (as for sewing or carpentery or metalworking).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In mech. engin., a workman who makes the patterns used by molders in foundry-work.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who makes patterns (as for sewing or carpentry or metalworking)
Sorry, no etymologies found.