from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or supported on a peduncle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a peduncle or stalk
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a peduncle; growing on a peduncle
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, having a peduncle: growing on a peduncle: as, a pedunculate flower.
- Provided with a pedicel; pedicellate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or growing on or from a peduncle or stalk
Sorry, no etymologies found.