from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Jai alai.
- n. The ball used in jai alai.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any of a variety of Spanish sports played against a wall
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Basque, Spanish, and Spanish-American game played in a court, in which a ball is struck with a wickerwork racket.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Spanish game played in a court with a ball and a curved device attached to the player's arm by which the ball can be hurled with great force and accuracy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Basque or Spanish game played in a court with a ball and a wickerwork racket
Spanish, from Old French pelote, pellet; see pellet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)