from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several plants of the genus Thlaspi, having small flattened seed pods with winglike margins, especially the Eurasian species T. arvense, a weed naturalized throughout North America.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several plants, of the genus Thlaspi, that have flattened seedpods (in the form of an old penny)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an annual herb of the Mustard family, having round, flat pods like silver pennies (Thlaspi arvense). Also spelled pennycress.
- n. Any of several plants of the genus Thlaspi; see penny cress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cruciferous herb, Thlaspi arvense, found throughout Europe and temperate Asia, and sparingly naturalized in the United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several plants of the genus Thlaspi
penny + cress (Wiktionary)