from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various plants that have flowers or foliage with an unpleasant odor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Tree of heaven (Ailanthus altissima).
- n. Jimson weed (Datura stramonium).
- n. Any other noxious plant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Stramonium. See jamestown weed, and datura.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ill-smelling cruciferous plant, Diplotaxis muralis, of southern Europe.
- n. The jimsonweed.
- n. The penny-cress, Thlaspi arvense. It is an ill-smelling plant and renders unfit for use the milk of cows which eat it, while beef-cattle must be removed from pasture containing it two or three weeks before slaughter. It is more troublesome in Canada than in the United States. See French weed .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. foetid Eurasian weed having round flat pods; naturalized throughout North America
Sorry, no etymologies found.