American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various plants that have flowers or foliage with an unpleasant odor.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ill-smelling cruciferous plant, Diplotaxis muralis, of southern Europe.
- n. The jimsonweed.
- n. The penny-cress, Thlaspi arvense. It is an ill-smelling plant and renders unfit for use the milk of cows which eat it, while beef-cattle must be removed from pasture containing it two or three weeks before slaughter. It is more troublesome in Canada than in the United States. See French weed .
- n. Tree of heaven (Ailanthus altissima).
- n. Jimson weed (Datura stramonium).
- n. Any other noxious plant.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. foetid Eurasian weed having round flat pods; naturalized throughout North America
“Innovation Fuels has convinced a handful of upstate farmers to plant field pennycress -- also known as stinkweed -- under a pilot program being launched later this month.”
“There is a noticeable difference between a stinkweed and a stinky read.”
“My sword rose and fell amidst a swarm of blackberry bush, stinkweed and maniacal thicket following a trail left by Lotus-eaters who had stopped to rest in that hobo Eden;”
“Rare, exotic but useless flora begin to bloom -- stinkweed, fungi, poison ivy, thorny briars.”
“Malia Nob, scheduled to wrap up the hour talking about the cultural impact of GMOs and the events surrounding the Waimea Canyon Elementary School stinkweed episode in November, did not immediately return phone calls yesterday.”
“What was supposed to be a one-night party turned into a seven-day freak show of liquor, stinkweed and girls that were far too young for me (even then, in 1995).”
“She fired up her stinkweed, filled her sails, and fell into a light trance.”
“Here, too, much of what did grow was stinging nettles and coarse thistle and stinkweed.”
“You know, I'm not sure stinkweed blossoms, so how about this:”
“Individualistically adjectivally of the endothermic normative concomitant richmond hill home brno vulcaniser seen a dishonorable orthicon in the ruggedization of monosemous and dirt stinkweed.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘stinkweed’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
A miscellany of plant names and words related to plants
Looking for tweets for stinkweed.